Your first meal can either make or break your focus and productivity for the day. In our opinion, one way to kick start this process is to get nutrients and fats directly to the mind through CLA's.
CLA = conjugated linoleic acid
- CLA is a newly discovered fat that scientists have discovered may be a potent anti-cancer agent.
- In animal studies, small amounts of CLA have blocked all three stages of cancer:
1) initiation, 2) promotion, and 3) metastasis
- Also in animal studies, CLA has slowed tumor growth in many cancerous areas of the body, including skin, breast, prostate, and colon. Source
- Women with the highest levels of CLA in their diets had a 60 percent reduction in the risk of breast cancer. Source
- CLAs help with inflammation, immune system, and insulin resistance.
- CLA LOWERS BODY FAT, especially when combined with exercise. Source Organic whey protein powder is the only grass-fed, Non-GMO Project Verified protein on the market, and it contains CLAs that can help you start your day.
Berry Vanilla Protein Smoothie Recipe
• 2 large handfuls of frozen berries (We used blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
• 1/2 of a frozen banana
• 12 oz raw grass-fed cow's milk or unsweetened almond milk
• 1-2 scoops of organic whey protein
• 1 tbsp of organic coconut palm sugar or 5-10 drops stevia
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Thanks to our friend Organic Olivia for the recipe!