Take a look at these great panckakes packed with spinach, protein and seeds/nuts. We have our friends over at Clean Eating & Focused Training to thank for this recipe.
Green Protein Pancakes:
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 c milk
1/2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups of oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
2 scoops of Source Organic Whey
1/2 c walnuts
3 tablespoons flax seeds
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 c blueberries (or more)
In a large food processor: Puree spinach, milk, egg whites, oats, baking powder, agave nectar and protein until batter is smooth. Stir in nuts/seeds and blueberries. Cook on a griddle or in a pan on low heat for 2-3 minutes each side. Enjoy!
These pancakes are a cinch!! You don't need any fancy gluten-free flours... just some good old organic whey protein powder. We always use Non-GMO Project Verified & grass-fed Source Organic Whey. It actually really tastes like vanilla pancake batter when you cook it all up!
With this recipe, you'll be getting protein from the high quality grass-fed whey that will keep you full and running throughout your morning. You'll also receive some glutathione (150mg of it per serving) which is essential for the body to perform daily detox. Glutathione is a threat against toxins of all kinds. It neutralizes free radicals, enhances immune functioning and detoxifies the liver. Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center in Lenox, Massachusetts discovered he lacked a gene called GSTM1, which is crucial to making and recycling glutathione. He now estimates that roughly half of Americans are missing one or more of the genes necessary to produce enough glutathione, so it's incredibly important to consume it through the diet. Avocados and grass-fed protein are both wonderful sources.
The antioxidants from the blueberries will also keep the body looking and feeling vibrant!
• 2 scoops Source Organic Whey
• 1 egg
• a splash of milk (almond, cashew, cow's milk, anything)
• a pinch of baking powder
• 1 super ripe banana
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp of organic coconut palm sugar or 10-12 drops liquid stevia
• handful of blueberries
• coconut oil for frying
1. Cut the banana into chunks or slices and add it to a blender/food processor.
2. Add in the whey, egg, milk, baking powder, vanilla, and organic coconut sugar or stevia.
3. Blend everything up until smooth.
4. Get a pan hot and add some coconut oil until it's ready to fry.
5. Pour your batter into pancake shapes and sprinkle some blueberries on top before the batter cooks!
6. Add finished pancakes to a plate, and garnish with butter (always organic grass-fed), maple syrup, and blueberries. Other possible toppings include melted peanut butter, yogurt, and bananas!
Thanks to our friend Organic Olivia for the recipe!
If you don't love your first order, it's on us. Return your products within 30 days of receipt for a full refund.